“to live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
– THOMAS CAMPBELL –
What do you offer?
- Event Planning services – living funerals, celebrations of life, memorial services, funerals, wakes, events that honour lives lived
- Writing services – obituaries, death announcements, eulogies, life stories, event/service programs and print pieces.
What do you not offer?
- I do not offer advice, counselling, or guidance
- I do not represent or recommend any particular service or organization, nor am I paid by any of those mentioned on the site
- I do not offer funeral services
- I am not an officiant or Event Host/Emcee
- I am not a Death Doula or Grief Counsellor
It is my intention at Dying With Grace, to provide event planning and writing services related to death and dying. It is not my intention to guide, direct, or persuade anyone to make decisions or to purchase services. I am aware and respectful of the fact that for many if not all, this can be a trying and turbulent time. Please solicit guidance and counseling as needed from a professional practitioner.
What is your pricing structure and payment policy?
- Pricing is dependent on the services I provide – you pay only for the services you need/want.
- I charge either an hourly rate or a flat fee for services – you choose what works best for you.
- I provide my fee information up front before we start to work together.
- There are no hidden fees and I charge only for my event planning or writing services. For all the other components that we include in your event, you pay the provider’s fee, with no additional fees attached – if we work with a caterer, you pay their price, and you can see the invoice. I use a transparent and honest process.
- I do not receive commissions from any of the providers and if I do receive a discount because of a relationship with a provider, I pass that discount on to you. There are no billing surprises.
- You are welcome to pay your invoice with e-transfer, credit card, or certified cheque. I do not accept payment by personal cheque or cash.
What is your Deposit and Cancellation Policy?
- I require a 50% deposit and a signed Letter of Agreement in order to secure my services.
- The balance of payment is due 7 days prior to the event.
- You may cancel up to 10 days in advance of your event and receive a refund representing 25% of your deposit fee.
- Within 10 days of your event, no refunds will be offered.
Note: Any and all contracted event suppliers/partners will have their own cancellation policies to which you will be required to adhere and I cannot guarantee that refunds will be made by these 3rd party suppliers.
Are you insured?
- As an incorporated company (Linda Hunter & Associates, Inc.) I carry a current and valid Business License, Event Liability Insurance, and Errors & Omissions Insurance.
Do you still have a question?
Linda is the perfect person on the ground of any event … precisely organized, a calm, pleasant, welcoming demeanor to expertly guide any activity. I would welcome Linda with open arms to plan, coordinate and deliver any event.
– Steve –